Mega Antioxidant supplies precisely balanced levels of high-quality, highly bioavailable vitamins and antioxidants that work together to protect your health. For best results, Mega Antioxidant should be taken with Chelated Mineral.
THE BENEFITS OF MEGA ANTIOXIDANT
As a well-rounded multivitamin supplement, Mega Antioxidant contains a broad range of vitamins and antioxidants that work together to help each of the body’s cells function properly. The formula includes all eight B vitamins, several of which are involved in energy metabolism, helping to convert the carbohydrates, fats, and proteins we eat into fuel for our cells.
The micronutrients in Mega Antioxidant benefit nearly all the body systems, including the cardiovascular system, immune system, skeletal system, as well as brain and nerve function. Many of the key components have multiple benefits. For example, lycopene and the combination of vitamin C and bioflavonoids support health maintenance for many organs.
Additionally, some scientific evidence suggests that consumption of antioxidant vitamins may reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer. However, the FDA has determined that this evidence is limited and not conclusive.
THE SCIENCE OF MEGA ANTIOXIDANT
Instead of adhering to recommended daily values, the levels of micronutrients in Mega Antioxidant are based on cutting-edge research, providing doses that often exceed those of standard multivitamins. This formula provides vitamins and antioxidants in the right amounts for optimal cellular performance.
Antioxidants protect the integrity of our cells, which impacts every part of our body. Mega Antioxidant provides advanced levels of a wide range of antioxidants:
• Vitamins C and E, along with beta carotene (which naturally converts into vitamin A only as needed, providing the benefits of vitamin A without the risk of toxicity), are each powerful antioxidants that also reinforce the activity of the others.
• Flavonoids and phenolic compounds, which are abundant in fruits and vegetables, not only provide important protection against oxidative stress, they also complement and extend the activities of other antioxidants as well. A unique bioflavonoid complex—including quercetin, rutin, hesperidin, green tea, bilberry, pomegranate, and cinnamon—plus turmeric all work to inhibit the activity offree radicals.*
• Certain polyphenolic antioxidants found in olives are not present in other common dietary sources. They are structurally distinct from the bioflavonoids and other antioxidants found in fruits and vegetables. These antioxidants are found in USANA’s patented Olivol® olive-fruit extract.
Mega Antioxidant also offers broad, balanced nutritional support for many aspects of optimal health:*
• High levels of antioxidants in the blood have been shown to help maintain cardiovascular health.*
• Vitamin E and mixed tocopherols play a critical role in protecting LDL and cell membranes from oxidation, keeping arteries healthy. Vitamin C is also helpful in maintaining healthy veins and arteries by supporting healthy tissue growth and strengthening collagen.*
• The B vitamins, especially riboflavin, folate, and vitamins B6 and B12, are fundamental to the maintenance of healthy levels of the amino acid homocysteine, provided they are healthy to begin with. Homocysteine levels have been linked to heart health.*
• Vitamin B12 is also necessary for the health of red blood cells and DNA. Those who do not take a supplement containing vitamin B12 are twice as likely to be vitamin B12 deficient as supplement users, regardless of age group.
Coenzyme Q10 plays a key role in producing cellular energy, demand for which is especially high in the heart, making this an important nutrient for cardiovascular health. In addition, cellular-energy production requires a full spectrum of B vitamin activities.*
• USANA’s patented Olivol® helps protect low-density lipoproteins (LDL) from oxidation.*
• Mixed carotenoids, including beta carotene, lutein, and other antioxidants, help maintain good vision.* Lutein selectively accumulates in tissues in the eye to help protect against damaging UV rays.
• Vitamin C is especially important for the retina, where concentration of this essential nutrient is
significantly higher than in the blood.
• By helping to maintain the integrity of all cell membranes, along with the digestive system and lungs,
beta carotene is important for a healthy immune system.
• Vitamins B6, B12, and folate are critical for producing immune cells.
• Vitamin E, vitamin D, as well as vitamin C are well known for their immune-cell supporting properties.
• Vitamin D helps in the development and maintenance of mineral-rich bones and teeth. Healthy
levels of this important nutrient are a key part of minimizing age-related bone loss. It also supports
• Vitamin C helps the body conserve glutathione, which is produced in the liver. Intracellular glutathione acts as a primary detoxification element.
• N-acetyl l-cysteine can also help boost glutathione.
• Choline and inositol help metabolize fats in the liver.
BRAIN AND NERVE FUNCTION
• B vitamins support healthy brain and nerve function. Folate is especially important for women
who may have children. Women who consume healthful diets with adequate folate throughout
their childbearing years may reduce their risk of having a child with a birth defect of the brain or
• Choline supports transmission of nerve impulses from the brain throughout the central nervous
system, which provides memory support.
SKIN, HAIR, NAILS
• Antioxidants, such as vitamin E, help defend your cells against the oxidative stress caused by sunlight,
pollution, and stress, which can all prematurely age the skin.
• Lycopene, lutein, and beta carotene play a role in supporting the skin.
• Inositol, biotin, and pantothenic acid are fundamental to the growth of healthy skin, hair, and nails.
• Vitamin C is essential for synthesizing collagen, proteins that provide elasticity to our connective tissues (also important for maintenance of muscle, joint, and tendon function).
THE USANA DIFFERENCE
Because it is one half of the USANA® Essentials™—the top-rated supplements in the world—you can
trust that Mega Antioxidant is the best multivitamin and antioxidant supplement you can use to protect
your health every day. Formulated by a team of nutritional-science experts using readily bioavailable forms
of each nutrient, the USANA Essentials surpass virtually every competitor for completeness, potency, and
quality. Our own in-house study also revealed that the Essentials provided increased levels of select nutrients
over a longer period of time than some competitive products. USANA also makes products in its own state-of-the-art facilities and oversees the entire production cycle to ensure that products are safe and effective.
DIRECTIONS: TAKE TWO (2) TABLETS TWICE DAILY, PREFERABLY WITH FOOD
SERVING SIZE: 2 TABLETS
AMOUNT PER SERVING
VITAMIN A (AS BETA CAROTENE) 7,500 IU 150%
VITAMIN C (AS CALCIUM, POTASSIUM, 650 mg 1080% MAGNESIUM & ZINC ASCORBATES)
VITAMIN D3 (AS CHOLECALCIFEROL) 900 IU 225%
VITAMIN E (AS D-ALPHA 200 IU 670% TOCOPHERYL SUCCINATE)
VITAMIN B1 (AS THIAMIN HCL) 13.5 mg 900%
VITAMIN B2 (AS RIBOFLAVIN) 13.5 mg 790%
NIACIN (AS NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE) 20 mg 100%
VITAMIN B6 (AS PYRIDOXINE HCL) 16 mg 800%
FOLATE (AS FOLIC ACID) 500 µg 130%
VITAMIN B12 (AS CYANOCOBALAMIN) 100 µg 1670%
BIOTIN 150 µg 50%
PANTOTHENIC ACID (AS D-CALCIUM 45 mg 450% PANTOTHENATE)
VITAMIN K (AS PHYLLOQUINONE) 30 µg 40%
OLIVOL® (OLIVE EXTRACT, 15 mg † OLEA EUROPAEA L., FRUIT)*
MIXED NATURAL TOCOPHEROLS 17 mg †
(D-GAMMA, D-DELTA, D-BETA TOCOPHEROL)
BIOFLAVONOID COMPLEX 99 mg † (RUTIN, QUERCETIN, HESPERIDIN [CITRUS SPP. L., FRUIT], GREEN TEA EXTRACT-DECAFFEINAT- ED [CAMELLIA SINENSIS HUNT, LEAVES], POMEGRANATE EXTRACT [PUNICA GRANATUM L.,
FRUIT], CINNAMON EXTRACT [CINNAMOMUM CASSIA L., BARK], BILBERRY EXTRACT
[VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS L., FRUIT])
INOSITOL 75 mg †
CHOLINE BITARTRATE 50 mg †
N-ACETYL L-CYSTEINE 50 mg †
COENZYME Q10 6 mg †
TURMERIC EXTRACT 7.5 mg † (CURCUMA LONGA L., ROOT)
LUTEIN (TAGETES ERECTA L., FLOWER) 300 µg †
LYCOPENE 500 µg †
†DAILY VALUE NOT ESTABLISHED
OTHER INGREDIENTS: MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, PREGELATINIZED
STARCH, CROSCARMELLOSE SODIUM, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALPHA-LIPOIC
ACID, DEXTRIN, SILICON DIOXIDE, DEXTROSE, SOY LECITHIN, SODIUM
LABORATORY TESTED, QUALITY GUARANTEED. MEETS USP SPECIFICATIONS
FOR POTENCY, UNIFORMITY, AND DISINTEGRATION, WHERE APPLICABLE.
*PROTECTED UNDER US PATENTS 6,358,542 OR 6,361,803.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN IF YOU ARE
PREGNANT, NURSING, TAKING A PRESCRIPTION DRUG, OR HAVE A MEDICAL
THERE IS A SAFETY SEAL UNDER THE CAP. DO NOT USE IF THE SAFETY SEAL IS
BROKEN OR MISSING.
USANA HEALTH SCIENCES, INC. 3838 W. PARKWAY BLVD. SALT LAKE CITY,
UTAH 84120 USA
STORE BELOW 25˚ C MADE IN USA
The Essentials US (en) | USANA Video >>>> http://youtu.be/QvxPcNnqyOw
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease